Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Packing for Pidie

It has been a bit of a scavenger hunt and a guessing game packing for Indonesia. There are a few things to conside for sure. It is a Muslim country and I will be expected to wear a hijab on request. This is fine by me. The harder part will be to have to wear long sleeves and long trousers in the humid heat. I'm told that I'll be glad of the long sleeves for mosquito protection.

I am the type of traveller that likes to have all of the things I need to make things comfortable.

To date, some items I have packed:
A light to clip to my ear (like on 24!) so I can read at night and to help if power is unreliable.
A super huge quick dry towel that will serve as a wrap and a beach blanket and towel all in one.
Things to make things comfortable on the 4 flights to get there: eye cover, neck pillow and travel yoga book.

I know I will likely not have stuff I wish I had and vice versa but for now it is fun to imagine what I might need and how things will be.

Still hard to think that by this time next week I will have had my first day of work in Pidie.

D.

1 comment:

r said...

John loves the idea of the '24' light.