Saturday, May 26, 2007

Leaving the Rock






I am heading back to Toronto today, leaving the rock after a really wonderful time here. Someone has requested that I slide a little Newfoundland post into the blog, so here goes.

Ten things that I learned while in Newfoundland....

Cod cheeks are actually delicious.

The wind blows cold at Cape Spear and the landscape is ruggedly beautiful.

People from Newfoundland are exceptionally kind and friendly.....barring last night's wacky cab driver.

You can come to St. John's and not get screeched in.

Puffins are a lot smaller than you think.

The coastal drive to Bay Roberts loops through beautiful little towns.

The painted houses here are an integral part of the character of the place. I was drawn to them continually.

The hills of St. John's could make mountain goats of us all.

You need to come back to Newfoundland again and again.

And last but not least I have learned that Aimee is a wonderful travel companion and I look forward to future jaunts and excursions with her.

I head to the airport in less than an hour. Rush home, throw my clothes in the washer, pack, try to sleep (although I am certain this will be impossible!) and then head to the airport to start my next adventure.



WOO HOO!!!
Dawna.

2 comments:

r said...

We are following you both all the way!

aimee said...

Thanks Dawna!! Aimee